PlayStation Network Sign-in Failed is very annoying error on PlayStation 4 (PS4). It comes when the PlayStation user try to sign in on their PS4 console. There are so many reasons to appears PlayStation Network Sign-in Failed. Without sign-in on PlayStation you cannot able to play or use PlayStation Console. So, it is necessary to sign-in to use PS4.
PlayStation Network Sign-in Failed
Sometimes we thinks the username and password is correct which we’re inputting on the console. If the username or password is wrong PlayStation Network Sign-in Failed error comes. Due to PSN network is down or maintenance this problem also comes in the PlayStation network.
There are so many reasons to occurs PlayStation Network Sign-in Failed. When the PlayStation Network server is in under maintenance, in this situation you need to wait for the server is back and working situation. Make sure your PlayStation’s username and password is correct. If you put the username and password is incorrect this error also occurs.
Reasons of PlayStation Network Sign-in Failed
There are so many reasons to appears in the screen PlayStation Network Sign-in Failed. Here are all the possible reasons for causing PlayStation Network Sign-in Failed. Check all the steps on your console if there is any reasons seen in the screen.
Reason 1: PlayStation Network Server Maintenance
Everything needs maintenance to work properly. Every day everything is going updates, and PlayStation Network also needs maintenance to work properly from time to time. You can check from here if the PlayStation Network Server is working or not.
Reason 2: Your IP is changed or Banned by PlayStation
Sometimes PlayStation Network server’s AI detects that there is something suspicious works happening from your IP address. If they detects that from your IP address is using for bad purposes they also banned (flagged) your IP address.
Reason 3: PlayStation Network Server is Down
Sometimes the PlayStation Network server is down due to some technical errors and something needs to change on their servers. If the PSN server is down there you’ll see PS4 Error CE-33991-5 on your PS4 and PS4 console’s screen. If you see the error code CE-33991-5 on your screen it means the PlayStation Network server is down.
Reason 4: If your Internet Connection is Down
There are so many users who never check their internet connection during when they’re using PS3 and PS4. Because they’re totally focused on game, so they never thinks if there might be also problem on their own internet connection.
Reason 5: Your IP is Blacklisted by PlayStation Network Server
Sometimes PlayStation Network might thinks that your console is using for suspicious purposes and they blacklisted your IP address. If you see WS-37397-9 on your screen, it means your IP address is blacklisted by PlayStation Network.
Reason 6: Username and Password is Typed Wrong
Sometimes we’re putting wrong username and password on login field. Due to you cannot able to login on your PS3 or PS4 console. When you put wrong username and password there comes Network PlayStation sign-in failed.
Solution for PlayStation Network Sign-in Failed
There are so many users are facing the problem PlayStation Network Sign-in Failed and I’m also faced this problem on my PS4 console. So, I’m here to fix this problem. Here I’ll write all the possible ways to fix the PlayStation Network Sign-in Failed on PS3 and PS4.
Solution 1: System Software Update
Below are the steps to update your PS4 system software easily or you can go here.
- Go to Settings
- then go to System Software Update and download the updated version.
- Restart your PlayStation
- Again, go to Settings Account Management
- Click Accept Terms and Conditions.
After update your PlayStation console system software try to login in PSN if the problem is solved or not. If still you face the problem try to next solution.
Solution 2: Automatic Login
Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Go to Settings and choose User from the option.
- Head to Login settings
- Checkbox The box says “Log in to PS4 automatically”
- Now restart your PlayStation and try to sign in.
Solution 3: Change DNS Settings
Sometimes your default network IP address is blocked, banned or flagged on PlayStation Network Server due to suspicious reasons, at that situation DNS settings is the best way to unlock or unblock your PlayStation console. When you change your PlayStation’s DNS settings you can use your PS3 or PS4 easily.
To change DNS settings on PS4 follow the below steps:
- Go to Settings and choose Network settings
- Select Internet Connection Setup and there will be a question appear “How do you want to connect to the network?“
- Click ‘Use Wi-Fi’ and select “Custom”
- Now select the Wi-Fi network you want to use and select your Wi-Fi network. Leave the IP address settings to Automatic.
- On the DHCP hostname screen, select Do Not Specify.
- On DNS settings, select Manual and enter the Google DNS given below, click on Next.
Primary DNS – 22.214.171.124
Secondary DNS – 126.96.36.199
- In the MTU settings, select Manual and enter the MTU value as 1456.
- In the proxy server setting, click Do not use.
- Now click Test Internet Connection to check your internet is working and try login in Playstation network.
Solution 4: Rebuild Database
When you rebuild the database of PS3 or PS4 it’s database will be repaired and sometimes the problem will be fixed. Click here to get full instruction of how to Rebuild Database.
- Turn off your PlayStation and hold the Power button for 8 seconds or until you hear a beep for the second time.
- Then you need to connect your dual shock 4 to your PlayStation using a charging cable
- Press the PS button.
- Now you need to navigate down to the rebuilt database option and press ‘X’
Solution 5: Factory Default Settings
When you do factory default settings on your PS3 or PS4, the console’s settings will be go default when you buy it a new. If you’re going to factory default settings your console first confirm that there is no any important data on your internal drive, because when you do it, all the data is erased on internal storage.
To apply factory default settings follow the below instructions:
- Turn off your PlayStation completely and hold down the physical power button for about 8 seconds or until you hear a beep for the second time.
- After that moment you will have to connect your DualShock 4 to your PS4 with the charging cable and press the PS button.
- Then you need to find the reset option, and press ‘X’.
If still you face the same problem I recommend you to contact your ISP to change your IP address to the dynamic IP address or contact PlayStation customer support.
FAQs on Fix PlayStation Network Sign-in Failed
When you insert the wrong password into your PlayStation login too many times, your account will be automatically suspended for up to 24 hours.
First check your internet connection, if its working properly try to change your IP address or try to change DNS settings.
Go to [Settings] > [Account Management] > [Sign in]. Enter your Sign-in ID (Email Address) and password > [Confirm].
You can check it from here: https://status.playstation.com/ and choose your region.
Maybe your username or password is wrong or the internet connection is not working. Maybe your IP address is flagged or banned by PlayStation Network Server.
You may also like: