The error code NW-31297-2 appears when the PS4 cannot able to connect to the internet. There are so many reasons to show this error code. The company Sony Entertainment developed the best gaming console but they never provide the error solution for the user.
PS4 Error NW-31297-2 Solved
There are so many users facing this error code. Are you searching for the solution PS4 Error NW-31297-2? We’re here to solve this error code. This error code is very frustrating to the users. Your internet is working properly but your PS4 still facing the error code NW-31297-2. There are so many users who reported this error code and also they asking on a forum, but still, their error code is not solved and this problem is growing day by day. Everyone feels the same frustration when they experiencing the error code PS4 Error NW-31297-2.
When your PS4 console shows this error message, there something like this error code Error NW-31297-2 on your screen. With this error message, the PS4 user cannot able to connect his PS4 gaming console to his own Wi-Fi network which leads him from unable to play online games.
If your PS4 cannot connect to the Wi-Fi Network that means the Wi-Fi password is not correctly set on the PS4, or the wireless network is busy. Go to [Settings] > [Network] > [Set up Internet Connection] to configure the network settings again. If the error only occurs in a limited period of time, the wireless network may be busy and preventing the connection. Try disconnecting other devices from the wireless network and retry internet connection test at [Settings] > [Network] > [Test Internet Connection]. If you cannot disconnect other devices from the wireless network, try the internet connection test on PS4 later.
Reason of PS4 Error NW-31297-2
If your PS4 not updated for a long time, the PS4 also could not connect with Wi-Fi Network. NW-31297-2 error is another common one that does not let the users connect to the network properly. This error is one of the very common that has been faced by many users so far.
- If the PS4 not updated for a long time.
- PS4 firmware version is old.
- Wi-Fi is not rebooted for a long time.
- The router is busy.
- If the password is a mismatch.
PS4 Error NW-31297-2 Fix
There are so many methods to fix the error PS4 Error NW-31297-2. We’re giving you here all the steps. Follow these methods step by step to fix this error. The error NW-31297-2 frustrated so may users when they going to play online games on their PS4 console.
Step 1: Disconnect All Other Devices From Wi-Fi
If you have Wi-Fi at your home there are connected so many devices to it. When you turn off your PS4 but the Wi-Fi router is still turn on and other devices are connected with it. For this reason, your Wi-Fi router may be hung or it’s leading from a heavy load from other devices. Try to disconnect other devices and try to connect your PS4 only with your Wi-Fi. Now try to check if the NW-31297-2 error is solved or not, if still not solved try to check another method below.
Step 2: How to Connect to a Wi-Fi Network on the PS4
In some cases the error NW-31297-2 can occur only once, being a random bug in the Sony console software. In case consider how to connect to a Wi-Fi network on the PS4.
- Go to your PS4 Settings.
- Then go to the Network section and click on Establish an Internet Connection.
- Select Connect using Wi-Fi (wireless connection) -> Use Wi-Fi -> Simple.
- Try to connect again by entering the WPA password from the network. Let the PS4 attempt to join, and perhaps the error NW-31297-2 will be missing this time.
Step 3: Use Correct Wi-Fi Password
Sometimes so many users changed their Wi-Fi password and they think they put a correct password on PS4. They tried to connect PS4 with the internet but PS4 cannot establish the internet connection. PS4 Error NW-31297-2 occurred when you put an incorrect password on the PS4 console.
Step 4: Change the Router Setting
The error PS4 error code NW-31297-2 may also appear on the screen due to the PS4 Wi-Fi module, which could not connect to the modem router bandwidth setting. To fix this error, access your modem router settings and change its module from the router settings.
If you don’t know how to change the wireless modules or channel there are a lot of videos on YouTube. Also, you can search it on google. If you cannot able to change the router settings you can as yourself to your ISP.
After changing the wireless module or channel unplug the router from the PS4 and rest it for 5 minutes and try to turn on the PS4 and the router. Then check if PS4 NW-31297-2 is fixed or not.
Step 5: Changing the Authentication Type
PS4 Error NW-31297-2 error can be caused by PS4 authentication problems on the Wi-Fi network. There are so many types of router in the market. Every user uses different types of router. All the PS4 users cannot know all the features of the router which they’re going to buy.
In a different router, there are different types of authentication features on the router. Some users were able to resolve this problem by just changing the authentication type in Wi-Fi security in the router settings. The following steps are below which can be able to find the desired item with settings:
- Type the IP address of your wireless router (often 192.168.1.1) in your web browser and entering the username and password.
- In some cases, depending on the routers you need to reduce your speed up from 600MBPS to 54 MBPS only and enter the wireless settings for that.
- For other users, they would have been successful after disabling the wireless password on their router or transferring the WPA 2security to something else. But it is not advisable to compromise your wireless security.
- If all else fails, the ultimate and more radical solution is to connect your PlayStation 4 physically via a network cable.
Mostly this method could help most of the PS4 users. Among other things, sometimes you updated your PS4 firmware with the latest version and the PS4 itself or connecting the console directly to the network using a cable.
Step 6: Reset The Router
If you tried all the above methods and still you faced the problem, now you need to reset your modem router to fix this error code NW-31297-2. Here are the steps of resetting the router to the default factory settings.
- First, reset the router and modem. Unplug the PS4 before that and then turn off the router, modem, unplug them from the power source and wait for few seconds. Plug them back in and turn on the router, modem. This will give a fresh restart to all the connections.
- The next thing to do is try to forget the Wi-Fi connection on your PS4 and reconnect it again providing the password.
- Check if other devices are working properly with the same Wi-Fi network. If yes, then change the DNS settings.
- The router firmware is to be updated then as sometimes the outdated firmware can accompany bugs that are being fixed by the latest version.
- Also, check the router’s location and then move to a location with less obstruction or no obstruction at all.
FAQs on PS4 error NW-31297-2
PS4 error NW-31291-6 is an error that usually occurs when the user is unable to connect to a Wi-Fi network due to a weak signal strength.
So, before getting onto this method, you need to make sure that the PS4 Error NW-31456-9 is due to the WiFi connection you are using. If you are using a WiFi network and the error is never disappearing, you can try using an Ethernet cable instead to resolve the issue.
After trying all these above methods and you cannot able to fix PS4 Error NW-31297-2 you need to contact PlayStation Support.